



I like posters and I like designing them. It's a privilege to have enrolled in a design class when I was at the University of Baltimore (UB). Back then, I was stuck between the decision of being a writer or a designer. I enjoy both, and UB gave me the opportunity to stick my feet in both worlds. I learned the hows, dos and don'ts of poster design.
The creative process behind designing a poster is tedious (but enjoyable). There's so much more to consider besides color and size. You have to contemplate HOW to deliver the message in a unique way that the audience will relate to and yet maintain your creativity. When I saw these posters designed by the University of Waterloo's drama department, I hearted them instantly. They are different - they present the old, plays we are too familiar with, in a modern way. To me, they are more than posters - they are works of art. I'd be shocked if they didn't win an AIGA poster award.
No comments:
Post a Comment