Saturday, January 07, 2012

Adansonia

There’s an old woman in our village who they say knows exactly where the sun goes to sleep and why the hibiscus is born after the rainy season is long gone. She knows how to make the ground we walk above spring forth its treasures. I had never seen her till today. Right under the baobab, she sat.

If you wish to see wisdom with your bare eyes, I know where it lives. It doesn’t dwell inside the mango tree nor does it stand over the summit of Kilimanjaro.

Wisdom lives within the one who knows why crickets sing a single lullaby.


© AH 2009 from “Adansonia”

2 comments:

V.D. said...

Wow absolutely beautiful! So glad I read this. I was getting down about being snowed in. Now I'm inspired to use this time to do some writing! Thanks for this.

And thanks for the follow! Much much appreciated. I'm not on facebook (I know I'm the only one), but I am on twitter www.twitter.com/ms_victoria_d

Best to you!

-Victoria

A.H said...

Thanks for the awesome comments. Have a wonderful holiday.